On Tuesday, March 29, 2011 we launched the third generation internet presence for the Southern Maryland—This is Living magazine.
In addition to the visual enhancements, there are many functional changes:
- Articles are now categorized. So, for example, you can now view a page of all articles about local people or historic places.
- There is a RSS feed for the entire site, as well as individual feeds for each category (as mentioned above).
- Each article employs social networking links. Share your favorite stories on Facebook and Twitter.
- You can now comment on any story. Thank the writers or add additional details to the story.
- A widget in the right column shows you the most recent stories and which stories are most popular with other readers.
- The sponsors, who are instrumental to making the magazine possible, are now high-lighted throughout the site via the Featured Sponsor box.